The Story So Far…
Our Achievements & Supporters
The Nick Smith Foundation was registered as a charity on 1 May 2018. Since then, we have done a huge amount to ensure Nick’s legacy lives on.
We’re only getting going, but these are some of the highlights…
- Over 70 children enjoyed the first Smudger U7s tournament at Siddal, with Ronnie Rhino cheering on from the sidelines.
- Nick’s wife Rachel ran her first ever half marathon, The Great North Run, in Nick’s place, supported by her friend Sarah
- Battling the Yorkshire Three Peaks – Calderdale Council’s Public Health Team in May, Nick’s School Friends in June and Nick’s Work friends from Locala CIC completed it in September.
- Siddal team mate Shaun Garrod and his wife Kate ran their first half marathon at the Vale of York and smashed it.
- Rugby league supporters dug deep and generously donated to the Foundation bucket collections during the recent Halifax v Leeds Rhinos match at the Shay
- Elvis left the building shaking during the I’m in for Smudger – Elvis Night at Siddal RLFC
- Thanks to Covea Insurance at Dean Clough in Halifax who picked us as their Charity of the month and held a dress down day and raffle
We are hugely grateful to all those businesses and organisations who are backing the Charity – and we hope you will support those who support us.